Found a lovely little feral cat shelter & feeding station on Items for Sale or Free in Bantry (a great FB resource in my area). It needs a bit of weather proofing (primarily a more overhanging roof), but works lovely in the rare sunshine – got some snaps of my guys checking it out when it was installed.
In the cold weather it’s especially important to provide community cats with warm shelters and safe, dry feeding stations. There’s some great info from the Humane Society on winter care for colony cats generally here.
Feral Cat Shelters
Find out all about providing Feral Cat Shelters:
- Providing Shelter – for Colony Caregivers – part of Ireland’s TNR Manual
- Alley Cat Allies comprehensive listing of feral cat shelters to make and buy (note some will be US only)
- Community Cats Network, based in Cork, have a simple handmade shelter available to buy here
- Cole & Marmalade’s How-To video for a simple, economic shelter
- Neighbourhood Cats substantial How-To list
Find out all about providing food & water, and more info on feeding stations:
- Providing Food & Water – for Colony Caregivers – part of Ireland’s TNR Manual
- Fixnation’s top 8 must haves